How to Download the Voxon Developer Kit and Unity Plugin
So, you’ve found the coolest most innovative technology on the planet. Congratulations! Now, how do you get your hands on the Development Kit? Well, right here… You can read our blog here about our latest major software update.
If you are new to Voxon’s technology and want to download the Developer Kit and Unity plugin, you just need to click on the following button and the file will download onto your PC (note: we currently don’t have support for Apple products).
You can download the Voxon Software Installer here.
- Once the Developer Kit has been downloaded, open the Voxon Software Installer and authorise it download the software.
- Proceed through the setup wizard to install
- All Voxon software is now managed by one installer. The Voxon Software Installer installs different software depending on the system. On a standard Windows machine the installer installs the Developer Kit giving the user access to the tools and support materials to create their own content.
- Running the installer on Voxon hardware will install our new graphical user interface, Vertex.
For those wishing to contribute to the development kit or those who want the very latest we have hosted our Developers Kit on github.
Once the Voxon Development Kit has been installed, you can run the simulator by double clicking on the VoxieOS shortcut on your desktop.
Unity Scene Creation for the Voxon VX1
Watch the video for a quick rundown of how to create a Unity scene for the Voxon VX1
If you are new to Voxon’s technology and want to download the SDK and Unity plugin, you just need to click on the following button and the file will download onto your PC (note: we currently don’t have support for Apple products).
Please watch our video tutorial below prior to downloading.
Voxon – using Unity for the Voxon VX1 (Advanced)
So, you’ve found the coolest most innovative technology on the planet and you can now create a basic scene for the Voxon VX using Unity. Well here’s a more advance tutorials which should help you create some amazing content. Enjoy! If more help is needed, head to our Community page and join our Slack Channel.
- The same instructions will apply for VX1 hardware users. You will need an internet connection to be able to install the latest SDK version.
- Please note you may need to keystone or calibrate the VX1 after this update. Please see our keystoning video on how to do this.
- Please also note the new installer comes with a ‘cut down’ version of the Media folder (as its deployed via the web and we didn’t want to send 10GB of data with the SDK). The Voxon runtime is now in C:\Program Files\Voxon\Voxon\SDK . The new media folder is in C:\Users\Public\Voxon\Media (as it had to be somewhere with user access). You may wish to copy/move your existing media library to this location and replace the one that’s there.