One minute Lua script content creation using Voxatron
Lua scripting in Voxatron is hypnotically addictive. Running the same script on a Voxon Photonics VX1 volumetric display takes it to the next level!
Our CEO Gavin Smith was just playing around and managed to do this in approximately 1 minute. This script provided by eugör on Twitter is only a few lines of code, but feels like it should be so much more. Voxatron is not just for scripting, its a full-blown voxel-based game engine with fully destructive environments.
This is what Gavin did:
- Found Lua script on Twitter and copied it to the clipboard.
- Opened Voxatron designer (downloadable from Lexaloffle website)
- Created a new object of type “script” and pasted the Lua script into it
- Dragged that script object to a room
- Pressed Play to test
- Saved the Voxatron cart to a USB drive and put the USB into the Voxon VX1
- Ran the cart on the VX1 using the command line
This ended up being super easy and a super cool visualisation… What do you think? Feel free to leave your comments / questions below.